- 3 lb. fryer
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. Engage Organics Garlicsaltless
- ¼ tsp. Engage Organics Sweet-Cinn
- 2 tsp. Engage Organics Original All-Purpose
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 large (303 sized) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup pitted ripe olives
Heat all but 2 tbsp. olive oil in skillet, dredge chicken in flour mixed with spices. Brown chicken in olive oil.
In separate saucepan, heat remaining oil and cook onions, peppers till limp, add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, bay leaf and stir well. Spoon over chicken and simmer about 45 minutes.
Italian tomatoes make a HUGE difference in this recipe. They are sweeter and more flavorful. This is a wonderful saucy chicken dish to serve over polenta. It’s absolutely delicious. I made this for my sick neighbor and she swooned over it. Enjoy!