- 1 3/4 -2 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. Engage Organics Sweet Cinn
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- fresh grated black pepper. I used about 2 twists of pepper.
I couldn’t stop eating these sweet potato fries. They melt in your mouth like pumpkin pie. They are addicting in the best of ways, because you reap the health benefits of sweet potatoes without salt.
The new Healthyfry machine air fries foods with a smidgen of coconut oil and nothing else. The results produce crisp, golden delicious results without hassles by circulating super-heated air around food. The fries come out picture perfect. I am happily amazed. I am going to experiment with other foods and see what I can create with this magical machine. I’ll keep you posted.
Cut 1 3/4- 2lbs. of sweet potatoes into thin fry-sized strips. I cut them small because I like crispy fries. Place in a bowl of ice water for about 1/2 hour. Make certain you completely dry the fries before placing in coconut oil and spices.
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp. Engage Organics Sweet Cinn
1 tsp. brown sugar
fresh grated black pepper. I used about 2 twists of pepper.
Mix coconut oil, sugar, and spices together. Dip potato wedges and turn until coated with oil and spices. Place in Healthyfry machine at 350 degrees F. Pull drawer out and shake drawer at 10-12 minutes. Continue cooking until crispy, about 25 minutes.
If you don’t have a Healthyfry machine follow these directions for baking.
- Place the coated potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 17+ minutes at 400 degrees F until browned. (Baking time will depend upon the thickness of the wedges)We baked them in a convection oven that browned them nicely. (They took a little longer in a traditional oven)
- Finish off the potatoes by bearing them in a frying pan without oil to get a charred effect.
- Sprinkle with more seasoning as needed.
You’ll be lucky if there are enough fries left to put on the table. They disappeared quickly from our kitchen. Enjoy