- 1/2 pound finely chopped mushrooms
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup low fat flat bread crackers (or use Trader Joe's 12 grain mini snack crackers)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( or combine mozzarella and Swiss for a tasty combo)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp. Engage Organics All-Purpose
- 1/4 tsp. Engage Organics Mexi-Mix
This is a great recipe to make on the weekend and use the rest of the week for a high protein, low fat energizer to start your days. You won’t get hungry the rest of the morning when you eat this for breakfast. It’s also great to take to work and reheat for a tasty lunch. The smell of it will drive your co-workers crazy, wanting a bite.
Sauté mushrooms in 3 tbsp. olive oil, add crushed cracker crumbs and press into well oiled quiche dish or round Pyrex pie pan. Sauté onions in 2 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle over crust. Add shredded cheese. Meanwhile in blender, combine eggs, cottage cheese, Engage Organics All-Purpose and Mexi-Mix. (Add more Mexi-Mix if your palette likes things hot). Pour into crust.(You can also add extra mushrooms atop the quiche for garnish. Just a few makes it beautiful.) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. The quiche will puff up beautifully and as it cools will settle back down.
When you reheat it in subsequent days the aroma and cheesy goodness will make you want more. It’s simply delicious and healthy. It’s so easy you won’t believe it. And a great guest pleaser you can make ahead and have ready for your company in the morning. I love these kinds of recipes, because they live so well.