- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup plus 1/3 cup butter divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (11 oz) Mexicorn, drained or if you can't find it, make your own by adding 1 can corn (drained) and add chopped fresh red pepper and purple onion to taste
- 1 can (4oz.) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (or blend Cheddar and Jack)
- 1 tsp. Engage Organics Garlicsaltless
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. Engage Organics Mexi-Mix to taste
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, bring milk and ½ cup butter to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat, cook and stir for 5-7 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in a small amount of hot grits, return to the pan, stirring constantly. Melt remaining butter, stir into grits. Add the corn, chilies, cheese and cracked pepper.
Transfer to a greased 2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
My husband loves this recipe. It’s a great side-dish for barbecues. It serves about 10 people, so there is plenty to go around for parties. It’s so tasty and not what you would think grits would be like. The gooey, cheesy flavor melts in your mouth.