- 2 tbs. grated lemon peel
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Engage Organics Garlicsaltless
- 1 tbs. Engage Organics All-Purpose
- 1 tsp. Engage Organics Lemon Pepper
- 2 -2 ½ lb. – 3 lbs. organic fryers, quartered
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced for garnish
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Combine the lemon peel, lemon juice, shallots, and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Place chicken pieces in a single layer in a shallow baking dish and cover with lemon marinade. Turn chicken until it’s thoroughly coated. Refrigerate covered in the marinade 3-4 hours, turning chicken several times to marinate evenly.
Lift chicken from the marinade and drain well on paper towels, reserving the marinade. Place chicken in a single layer in a shallow 2 quart baking dish and brush with melted butter. Bake chicken uncovered at 350 degrees until browned, then lower heat to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes more or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Garnish with lemon slices.
This recipe was created and donated by Jan Rosen of Rosen’s Cheesecakes. Thanks Jan for a yummy entrée.
Contributed by Jan Rosen