- 1 large chicken, cooked, deboned, and cut into pieces or use 4 large boned chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces.
- 1 small package corn tortillas (6-8)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1-4oz. canned mild green chilies, diced
- 4-5 green onions chopped
- 1 small can chopped black olives
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (low sodium)
- ¼ cup sherry
- 12 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Engage Organics All-Purpose Blend
- 1-2 teaspoons Engage Organics Mexi-Mix Blend
- Dash of paprika for garnish
Soak corn tortillas in buttermilk. Prepare sauce by combining chilies, green onion, black olives, soup, sherry, cheese, and seasonings. Drain tortillas, adding the remaining buttermilk to the sauce. Add chicken pieces and mix well.
Assembly: In a greased 2 quart casserole, layer tortillas and chicken mixture alternately. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
This dish is best when prepared 24 hours before servings. The vegetables and seasonings really pop. It also freezes well.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, and avocado for added flavor and color. This is a good comfort food casserole guaranteed to please all ages. Enjoy!