- This is a very healthful weeknight meal that can be prepared in 30 minutes. Because of it’s beautiful presentation it will be your “go-to” easy company favorite, too. If you want you can pass on the date sauce, because the chicken breasts are wonderful with or without sauce—a perfect combination of creamy and crunchy. Yum.
- 2- 8oz. chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp. Engage Organics Garlicsaltless
- Engage All-Purpose to taste
- ½ 5.2 oz. pkg. semi-soft cheese with garlic and fines herbs
- 4 thin slices pancetta or prosciutto (about 1 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup pitted whole dates, chopped
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
1. Cut chicken in half horizontally and cut a pocket into side of breast. Insert one fourth of the cheese into the pocket. Wrap pancetta around cheese and breast, tuck ends under chicken.
2. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes. Turn; cook 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and no pink remains in the chicken. Transfer to platter, cover to keep warm. You can serve them without the sauce at this point. So gooey and good.
3. To make sauce, add dates, vinegar, and water to skillet. Return to heat. Cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes, until sauce thickens and dates are soft, stirring to scrape browned bits. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with Engage Organics All-Purpose.
This makes 4 delicious servings. You can top a bed of crisp salad greens with the hot chicken for a gourmet touch. Enjoy!