- 1lb. ground turkey
- 1/2-1 Tbsp. Engage Organics Garlicsaltless
- ½ - 1 tsp. Mexi-Mix depending upon heat tolerance
- 2tsp. Engage Organics Tuscany-Mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4– 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-15 oz. can black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1- 15 oz garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz. cannellini or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 38 oz. jar of Picante Salsa or your favorite brand
You can prepare this in a Crockpot and let it cook all day. How wonderful to come home to the tantalizing smells when you walk through the door.
Add ½-2/3 jar of a 38oz. size of your favorite salsa. (We’ve used several kinds, including Pace Picante and Chevy Restaurant salsa. Choose your favorite and season to your taste.)
In a large skilled brown turkey meat in olive oil until tender. Add onion, Garlicsaltless, and Tuscany-Mix
Meanwhile, put beans into Crockpot, add turkey meat, tomatoes, and corn. Add salsa and add ½ tsp. Mexi-Mix. Stir. Turn on low and let cook all day.
This chili is delicious topped with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, avocado, and sour cream if you dare. This is a recipe loaded with the healthful benefits of fiber, known to help control cholesterol levels. And the best part is there will be plenty left-over for another night’s meal. It’s like having someone else cook for you. A real healthful time-saver for working moms!